The City of Port Phillip is accepting submissions on the Port Melbourne Waterfront Urban Design Framework (UDF) until 1 Jun 2013. This framework includes the area impacted by the 1-11 Waterfront Place Port Melbourne development.
The UDF includes separate draft Design Guidelines 1-7 Waterfront Place to guide any possible future development on the privately owned site at 1-7 Waterfront Place. These guidelines propose
- A mandatory 10 storey height limit
- Three storey built form adjacent to the historic rail station
- Two publicly accessible pedestrian laneways through the site
- An internal public courtyard space
- Active frontages to Waterfront Place
- A height limit that conforms to the “no overshadowing of the beach” standard.
To make a submission on the Draft Port Melbourne Waterfront UDF 2013:
- Complete an online submission form on Council’s Have Your Say webpage
- Collect a submission form or reply paid envelope at any City of Port Phillip library or town hall
- Email your submission to the project team at portmelbUDF@portphillip.vic.gov.au
Update 31 May 2013
Comments on the Waterfront Place guidelines are not being sought at this time – they will be exhibited when the Minister approves that, and comments are expected to be sought within a month.