Only four days left to lodge your objection!
Residents have only four days left to lodge objections to the loss of their covenants, as the Waterfront Place benefitted owner notices to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) must be submitted by Tue 7 May 2013. This is your last chance.
In early April, WaterFront Place Pty Ltd lodged an objection with VCAT in relation to the decision by the City of Port Phillip to reject the developer’s application to remove or vary the restrictive covenants protecting the area against inappropriate development.
If you are one of the residents who owns one of the restrictive covenants (i.e. you are a “benefitted owner”), you have the right to object to VCAT against your covenant being extinguished. The deadline for the lodgement of your notification forms is Tue 7 May 2013.
The full set of forms, including your “statement of grounds”, must be provided by that date to the following three parties:
- the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT)
- Rigby Cooke Lawyers (as Waterfront Place Pty Ltd’s solicitor)
- the City of Port Phillip (i.e. our local Council).
What you’ll need to do
Form A (VCAT instructions) and Form B (Statement of Grounds)
If you are one of the resident affected, these documents will have been mailed to you by Rigby Cooke, along with details of the developer’s material submitted to VCAT.
The forms we received are provided here on the itsyourbeach.com site in case you don’t have them to hand (and for spares). You need to submit copies to all three parties, and you might need one for your own records:
- Form A – Information (VCAT Reference No: P764/2013 [Download PDF]
- Form B – Statement of Grounds [Download PDF]
Be sure to include these references on your form:
- VCAT: P764/2013
- Rigby Cooke: REA:LMZ:20091213
- VCAT: 55 King Street, Melbourne, Vic, 3000
- Port Phillip Council: Private Bag No. 3, PO St Kilda, Vic, 3182
- Rigby Cooke: 13/469 La Trobe St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Also regularly check the Council’s webpages on the Waterfront Place Development as another source of information.